Terms of Abstract Submission
Welcome to Abstract Submission
Please note that only abstracts submitted from ISKAST website are accepted.
Abstract submission deadline: 23 July 2023 (23:59 GMT), notification of Acceptance/Rejection: Will be
Abstract Submission Guidelines:
A. General Conditions
– Abstracts are required for all oral presentations ONLY
– Abstracts must be submitted before the announced date
– Max of 2 abstracts with the same presenting author can be submitted
– Abstracts must be submitted in English
– Accepted abstracts will be published in the conference booklet or copied on a CD
– Withdrawal of abstracts can only be accepted if notified in writing. It is only possible to
withdraw an abstract up to 14 days after notification of an acceptance
– If selected, it is the responsibility of the presenter to bear his/hers travel and accommodation
B. Presenting Author and Registration
– Presenting author must register as an active participant at the conference, at the latest 14 days
after acceptance of an abstract
– The 7th Biennial International Congress of ISKAST, January 23-25, 2024, reserves the right to
exclude any abstract from the scientific program that is not followed by participant registration, at
the latest 14 days after notification of an acceptance
C. Contents of Your Abstract
– Abstract word limit are max.of 1000 words per abstract. Abstracts that exceed the word limit
will be sent back to be corrected
– Title should be as brief as possible, but long enough to clearly indicate the nature of the study.
Write the abstract title in CAPITAL LETTERS. No full stop at the end
– No identifying features such as; names of authors, hospitals, medical schools, clinics or cities
should be listed in the title or abstract text, as a “blind” review process will be used.
-You will be asked to enter the name (s) of author (s) and their institution (s), when you
submit your abstract
All accepted abstracts will be indexed in pub-med.
Abstract must include the following:
Aim: Clearly stating the purpose of the abstract
Method: Explaining selection of observations or experimental subjects
Results: Presenting results in a logical sequence in text, table and illustrations
Conclusion: Emphasizing new and important aspects of the study (perhaps as a discussion
section) and the conclusions that are drawn from them
Keywords: Any number of keywords may be entered, separated by spaces, commas, or
– All abbreviations must be defined in first use
– Statements such as; “results will be discussed” or “data will be presented” cannot be accepted
– In all cases of references to products or companies, generic names must be used.
-The brand name (s) can be inserted as a reference at the bottom of the abstract page.
-Papers containing brand names/company names in the abstract text (i.e. not in a reference at the
bottom of the page) may be rejected for this reason ONLY.
-The 5th Biennial International Congress of ISKAST reserves the right to replace any brand name
with a generic name without further notice.
-Images that are uploaded to follow the abstract are not guaranteed inclusion in the abstract
D. Reviewing Process
– Scientific Committee will review the abstracts
– Notification of acceptance or rejection of the abstract will be sent to all authors, 4 weeks prior to
– It is the responsibility of all investigators/researchers that all studies are performed with respect
to national legislations, international legislations and ethical guidelines both with
regards to humans and animals. The 7th Biennial International Congress of ISKAST Scientific
Committee reserves the right to reject any submitted abstract that is believed to have violated
Please, make sure that your email address (submitter and presenting author) is correct as it will be
used for contacting you after the review process is completed.